Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, December 10, 2007

December Already!

The days are flying along with the snow! We have had two weekends with tons of the beautiful white stuff!! What a great way to spend the weekends!! Many complain, but I, for one, LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to go skiing, burrowing in with my kids, watching movies, eating treats and being cozy! And I much prefer to see the world frosted and flocked than brown and barren.

The deck has been completed and it is a BEAUTY!! We even attached a slide, and the kids are having fun!! Cameron is already planning how to get a rope swing attached to the tree so he can jump from the deck -- the mom in me is cautious, but the kid in me says "BOO-YAH!!" :)

Napoleon might be on his way to earning his keep soon! We will find out if his first attempts at stud-servicing were a success. The female will be due late January -- we'll keep you posted.

Thanksgiving was lots of fun, with time spent playing, orgainizing, eating and relaxing with so many of Curtis's siblings! It was so great to get the South Carolina Fry's out to our neck of the woods and I know the cousins all made great memories together!!

As we prepare for this wonderful time of year, my mom was able to come and visit for a few days, provide creative advice, moral support and lots of great food and fun with the kids. Thanks Mom!!

We have three new babies -- Curtis' youngest bro & wife welcomed Anna Carolene, Shari & Brad welcomed Andrew James, and James & Sara just welcomed little Bella Elise this morning!! What a busy few weeks!! Just glad I get to play aunt now!! Congratulations to all!!

Thanks to all who share their love, support, friendship and time -- through family bonds or other ways -- I consider all to be a great blessing to me!

Some day I'll figure out how to get pictures on this thing, but until then I'll try to be better about getting postings on a regular basis.

Remember at this busy time of year -- "It's not the burdens that break you down, it's the way you carry them." Please know that I am convinced that the greatest gift we can give to the Christ Child is to share our burdens with Him and allow his love and acceptance to permeate our lives. You will feel lighter and more capable when you allow Him to meet your needs through the service of others. You need not do it alone...

Hugs and Misses--
Heather

2 comments:

SeeCampbell said...

Glad you got one started. It is difficult to keep up, let me tell ya! Especially with the number of kids you have. I'm lucky if I do one a month. It comes at a bit of a sacrifice. Especially when you start reading everyone elses and adding comments. But it's kind of fun! Your family looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
-Jeanine Campbell

shari berry bo-berry said...

yay!!!! YAY!!!! YAAAAAYYYYY! :) Ok, so that about sums up my feelings about your blog at the moment!

LOVE ya!