Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, February 11, 2008

Yee-Haw!!

I finally got to go skiing on Saturday, and Cameron took his first lesson EVER!! He did great, got a little beat up, but it was a BEE-YOU-TI-FULL DAY!! Sundance is sooooo overpriced, but Cameron had a 6th Grade SkiUtah Passport that lets him ski free with a paying adult to all Utah Resorts -- sorry Curtis, I just have to go!!

What a great hubby I have, to stay with our daughters while I go off and play in the snow!!

My sis, Sonya, came along and we had a great time!! What a rush -- plus, I didn't crash once!! She's still got it, even after more than 5 years!! Oh YEAH!!

Got a great compliment from a dad of one of my Primary kids -- "So, are you trying to be teacher of the year?' 'What do you mean? (I ask)' 'Well, Maddie talks about you all the time, and just thinks you're great!" Maddie is one of the three kids I have the privilege of sharing the gospel with in our Sunday School every week. The only girl, amongst two rowdy (but sweet-hearted boys). I highly recommend to all that we make sure to express gratitude to those who serve in the small, common ways, because we never hear it enough! So I am grateful for my siblings and their laughter and understanding and acceptance. I am grateful for my children who help me to remember to not take life too seriously. I am grateful to my husband who always tries. I am grateful to the anonymous strangers I meet who are open, and ready to smile or laugh with me. I am grateful to those who let me work in their yards and plant flowers for them. I am grateful to friends whom I don't see often, but through the memories that we've shared, keep me in touch with the authentic parts of my self. I am grateful to my parents and their sacrifices for me and how they taught me how to enjoy work. I am grateful to the friends who let me be me, and let me serve them. I am GRATEFUL, GRATEFUL, GRATEFUL to all those who help me with my children, my life, my sanity, and bless me and my family in countless ways!!
I am grateful to God in all His goodness and glory, wisdom and joy, and bounteous blessings! I am grateful that I know who I am, where I came from and where I am going, and what IT'S ALL FOR!

I am grateful for indoor plumbing and CHOCOLATE!!, disposible diapers, and washing machines!! Marie Callendar's pies and fresh guacamole with chips! I am grateful for authors and composers, inventors and explorers, and people who are committed to making each day a little better in their own corner of the world! Keep on truckin'! It's ALL worth it!

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood, I actualy spent some time in my garage tidying. I must admit, I am not looking forward to the brown interim before Spring returns. Is there a way to keep the brown ground covered until its resdy to burst green again? Did I say I was grateful for Michael Buble -- well, I AM!! Also, Sting, Barry Manilow, Luciano Pavarotti, Celine Dion, Walt Disney, Faith Hill, Barbra Streisand (performance, not politics), Queen Latifah, and so many more that bless the soundtrack of my life!!

Well, I have gone on a little long tonight -- but can you ever be too grateful?

I challenge anyone who reads this to start listing what you are grateful for -- I DARE YOU to feel bummed out!!

I leave a thought that reminds me to be a little more humble when I feel I am stumbling through my life --

"It is hard to stumble when you are already on your knees."

Remember that it ALL comes from somewhere -- so why not be grateful?!

Love
H

2 comments:

SeeCampbell said...

Heather, I appreciated reading your blog tonight. I need to be more grateful than I have been lately. Since our move last week I have been OVERWHELMED! My kids have no idea where their mom went and honestly I wish I could find her myself. The day we moved my oldest son got sick with fever, etc. Four days later the 2nd son followed in his footsteps. I've had sleepless nights watching over their fevers. Getting stuff in order has been painstaking. How do you do it with 3 kids? Did I mention all the electrical problems we had upon moving in? Well, it's hard to look past the chaos and live in it for that matter, but I do need to take a step back and remember my blessings. Thanks Heather!

mylajensen said...

Just reading this made me feel happy. Thanks, Heather - you're awesome!