Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 23 --"The Lord's way is not hard. Life is hard, not the gospel." Lawrence E. Corbridge.

I LOVE this quote! It is timely for me as our family celebrates the new arrival of my baby Brooklyn Jane Mortensen! My brother John's wife, Becky, delivered her on Jan.19, 2011 and we are so excited and blessed to have one of the cutest babies added to our family! I know how grateful I am that John and Becky were married in the right place, at the right time, and have committed to the daunting task of marriage and now parenting!!

This quote is a simple, profound reminder that whenever my life seems too complicated, too stressed, too difficult to figure things out -- that I need to take a step back and see how I have drifted from the path of the Lord, and make the necessary alterations to refocus my self on living the gospel more consciously.

Good Luck to You!

1 comment:

john + becky said...

I love this quote! I need to start checking your blog regularly. It was fun to read back and find this post. I have to agree with you...she is one of the cutest babies!! :)