Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, February 7, 2011

Love and other Conundrums

A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually VACCINATES her [child] against low self-esteem.
-- Naomi Wolf

I heard this several years ago, and the speaker referred specifically to daughters, but I have altered it to include all children. As a mother of three daughters this quote is especially poignant for me. I am a daughter myself who has a mother who spoke self-esteem and self-acceptance but didn't believe in it for herself. It is hard to identify truth, and it is not an indictment against anyone, but the truth is also easier to take if you acknowledge it and strive to change your truth.

During this week leading to Valentine's Day, I challenge you to accept who you are, love the inestimable qualities that are divinely given, and forgive the human weaknesses we all struggle with. Your children need to feel the self-love you radiate, if you ever want them to believe your words - to radiate for themselves! They will feel your teachings, much more and much deeper than they will hear them.

Good Luck to You!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That is a great quote. I love it! This concept is very important to me. I hope that I'm doing a good job with my kids and I hope that other women take this concept seriously.