Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Conundrum of Action and Motion

"Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important." Charles E. Hummel

"Never confuse motion with action." Benjamin Franklin

I'm not sure if this is a problem for others, like it is for me, but often I feel as though the "actions" I take are an exercise in futility; as well as wondering if all I am doing is going through the "motions". When I read and ponder on these quotes, it reminds me to first take a moment (not a day) to plan, then decide that getting one thing done is better that getting nothing done! So as you enter this crazy time of spring cleaning, summer planning, and general busy-ness, know that we are in the trenches together and I always love to hear how you are handling all of your urgent and important things!

Good Luck to you!
Heather

1 comment:

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

I love it Heather! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!