Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma!!

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot help but bring it to themselves.--James Barrie (Author of Peter Pan)

Wow -- I'm really late, but with traveling to in-laws for Emma's birthday weekend and then dealing with Brynna's strep, I've had good intentions, but weak effort.

This quote makes me think of Emma -- she is a SUNSHINE ray of a child! Some of the tunes I've included on the playlist this month also indicate the joy of this girl, this month! She can warm my heart one day and burn me up because of too much cuteness, then she goes too far and ARRGGH!! EMMA!!!
What a blessing it is watching her grow and become her own person these last couple of years! She still has her dimple and freckles -- THANK GOODNESS! I tell her she is my "star child" - shining brightly for the whole world to see, like the Primary song. She loves soccer, playing piano(I'm trying to get her to branch out from "Heart & Soul" and "Carol of the Bells"), reading (fastest in her class!), and giggling and teasing her big brother! She had to get a tooth pulled and was a real TROOPER -- they finished before I even knew it!
She is a lot of fun to be with and a true blessing in our family! Happy 9th Birthday, my Karissa Emma Pearl Fry!!

1 comment:

john + becky said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! She is such a sweet, pretty girl. We want to come watch a soccer game of hers...let us know the schedule.