Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slow Start to the Week

“It is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us--even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won't, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."
Joseph B Wirthlin, "The Great Commandment," Ensign, Nov. 2007

I had a rough start this week. Hannah's sickies became mine, and for 2 1/2 days I was a mess of sleep, hacking, and trying to get stuff done, when I wasn't sleeping or hacking! I was feeling pretty down yesterday (I think my mood definitely doesn't do well when I'm physically down for more than 2 days!) and was a gruff bear and I'm not proud to say that I ate a ton of "comfort food" while taking Mucinex-D, and I think I finally got a GOOD night's sleep. At least Curtis said I wasn't snoring and waking him up, and I actually woke up this morning and didn't feel like crashing in bed again for the first time in 3 or 4 days.

So here is my quote of the week and I hope it finds you well and that you know a small bit of what is in my heart and mind this week --

Good Luck To You!

2 comments:

john + becky said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick! John woke up with the flu today and has been puking all morning...hope it goes away soon!

Heather said...

Being sick is just the pits and I'm sure all the drippyness of the weather this last week hasn't helped. I hope you are feeling better soon. I love Mucinex (but the D part makes me really loopy). Want me to bring you a smoothie? I have a magic smoothie machine right here...