Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monday, Monday

Well, it's actually Tuesday, but who's checking? Well after 19 days of awful sickies, grossness, and all around BLAHS!, the Fry gang seems to be back on track. Big thanks to Terri, John, Sonya, Becky, Jacqui, and Melissa for being there when I needed you!

We had another big snowstorm yesterday for the holiday and I actually got out and shoveled snow! I also cleaned and tidied and then we went out to dinner as a family to Macaroni Grill. Curtis had received a gift card, so we splurged a little -- food great, but a TAD overpriced! He'll be gone for the next 4 days, so it was a nice way to spend time as a family before I'm feeding mac and cheese, sandwiches, hot dogs and tacos exclusively.

We also learned that Napoleon has successfully begun to earn his keep. Our stud efforts have resulted in 4 female pups being born to Daisy Girl, a cute little blck and white Shih-Tzu we mated with in November. We will see them in a few weeks, and plan on choosing pick of the litter to sell on our own.

Lastly -- I wanted to take a moment and remember Martin Luther King, Jr. I have deep respect for the man, for his family, and for the path he chose. He's definitely on my list of people I want to meet in Heaven. In spite of any weaknesses that his critics try to use to discredit him, the man was an example of sacrifice, intelligence, and peace. Thank you Dr. King for your life and commitment to make the world a better place.

Until next week --
H

No comments: