Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Friday, January 4, 2008

Great Flick

Hey All -- Back yesterday from 13 great sunny days in So. Cal.!!! The kids and I stayed overnight in Mesquite (thank you Curtis!) and we made it home in one piece, but I'm having latent backaches and armaches, probably from trying to restrain myself from trying to control and help them during the drive. Cameron and Hannh worked hard to be great Wingmen, and Emma was a HUGE help making sure I knew how far away we were from the city coming up next! It makes me think more road trips are in the future --- if only gas wasn't so FREAKISHLY, OUTLANDISHLY, priced OUT OF CONTROL!!
I've been cleaning up Christmas, and Curtis has been stuck in meetings from 6:30am-10pm for the last two days, so we went out on a date -- Sizzler and a movie. Sizzler -- EEGGHH -- not much to say about that. Movie -- Dan in Real Life -- YEEHAAH! It is a winner!! We are big fans of Steve Carrell's from "The Office" and we are so glad that this movie turned out so good! It's so nice to see him not as Michael Scott -- 5/5 Stars!
One other recommendation -- The Flying Scotsman. It is a small, independent film (true story) about a Scottish cyclist who battles personal demons to set new world records and also created new innovations in the construction of racing cycles. Sorry to say, it is PG-13 for a pivotal confrontation scene where the F-word is used twice. So, I hope you don't think I'm lame for recommending it -- but I really liked it! 4/5 Stars
Love
H

No comments: