Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, January 7, 2008

Yuck Day

Sorry -- I know it's Mon-day, but for me it was No-Fun-Day. Brynna cried and was cranky until about noon -- she was up at 7am. I finally was able to sneak some Tylenol into some soda and it kicked in around 1pm. Then she improved. We all are a little under the weather, from coughs, to sore throats, to stuffy noses and Brynna's green boogers that she loves to wipe across her cheek and then follow me around the house with them on her finger until I can clean them off -- YEAH!! It's good to be home, but after Christmas clean up is taking a little bit longer -- (refer to situation above.)

My count down has begun for Spring -- although I do love winter for the snow and quiet stillness that I imagine my life could be if I lived in a Robert Frost poem or Thomas Kinkade painting. I get a little tickled when I think of my bulbs emerging and all the plants I want to get in the ground. But, I truly do enjoy the winter, I sometimes wish we got the kind of snow that they are getting in Colorado, but you are where you are.

I am now the Primary Teacher for the Valiant 11 -- and there are 3 kids in my class, but we're off to a good start I think. It's all about treats and bribery -- Right?

I should have some pictures up by next week . . .

Until then,I leave with this thought -- "We are all manufacturers -- Some make good, others make trouble, and still others make excuses."

Love
H

1 comment:

SeeCampbell said...

Sorry you have the Utah Blues! Just kidding. It was so good to see you and I do hope you all start feeling better soon. Just so you don't feel bad it took about 2 weeks for me to clean up after Christmas. I'm about 1/3 through my packing though for the move. . .Yippee! Thanks for all the advice. I'll be at the spa on moving day if I keep up this pace!