Quote of the Week

I will be sharing a quote that is a fav of mine and may give insight into what things I am going through, feeling, thinking about, etc...
April 3, 2011-"Anything you cannot relinquish, when it has outlived its
usefulness, possesses you; and in this materialistic age, a great many of us
are possessed by our possessions."
Mildred LaSette Norman
***********************************

Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Late, and I'm A Week Behind Again!

Wow -- can time fly by!! No good excuses -- no major chaos or catastrophes (THANKFULLY!!!) I just let my Monday slip away last week, and almost did today also.

It seems I can hardly rememeber what I did last week, I was able to get some roses planted, a tree (Golden Chain), and lots of pretty pansies to add some color. Then it went add snowed on Sunday, and froze today!! A day early for April Fool's, but what are you gonna do? Welcome to Utah in the Spring!! GRRR--I'll try to not begrudge it, and hope and pray that my new plants survive (thanks Sonya for helping me!)

We had soccer practices start along with games, and minor craziness throughout. Cameron completed his most importatn project of the year -- the World Report. 6th graders are to pick a country and do research, write a paper (his was 21 pages), and create a poster to display along with an oral presentation. all the 6th graders do one, and they were loaded in the cafe-gym-atorium :). His country was Argentina, inspired by Curtis, his dad. We made treats that wer gobbled up, and he dressed up like an Argentine futbol player. Thank goodness that's over!! He worked hard, and did a great job!

Hannah visited her second orthodontist for an evaluation. She definitely has the Mortensen jaw and teeth -- Poor girl! She seems excited about the prospect and I am encouraged that it is a very real possibility that she won't be in high school having to wear braces.

Sorry about the delay -- my computer froze up and luckily some of the post was saved. I can't recall all that I had written so this will have to suffice for now --

Peace Out!

Love
H

No comments: